The Centre is dedicated to promoting Spirituality, Inter-religious and Cross-cultural Relations. Located in the foothills of the Dandenongs, the Centre is in the residential suburb of Boronia, 29 km east of Melbourne near Ferntree Gully. With the new Eastern Freeway open, the Centre is accessible within 30-40 minutes for most people.
The Centre offers a peaceful environment for taking time out to reflect and relax. The residential community welcomes people of all religious traditions and cultural backgrounds. The Centre is well equipped for ecumenical and interfaith meetings, retreats, workshops and seminars. There is comfortable accommodation for over-night retreatants.
On-going Spirituality Programmes
The Centre offers a range of on-going programmes throughout the year.
Suggested donation for all meditation-based programmes is: Salary earners—paper; Concession Card Holders: gold coin.
- Lectio Divina: Every Monday 10am-11am. When we sit and read the bible we allow ourselves to become men and women who are able to listen for the gentle voice of God (I Kings 19:12); The art of lectio divina begins with cultivating the ability to listen with the ear of our hearts. Come and learn how to hear the voice of God in your daily life. Further information : Vincent Cassidy on 0400808545 or Frances Cassidy on 0404054425.
- Centering Prayer Christian Meditation Group. Groups 1: Every Tuesday between 10am and 11am, led by Sarah Marrinan. Group 2: 1st and 3rd Wednesday at 7.30pm-8.30pm, led by Ria Parlevliet. An opportunity for lay people to experience Christian Meditation, focusing on the presence of God in their lives. Centering Prayer has its roots in the earliest years of Christianity and has been promoted by the famous Trappist monks: Fr Thomas Keating ocso, Fr William Menninger ocso and Fr Basil Pennington ocso. It has nurtures the faith life of Christian Meditation Groups around the world by showing people how to respond to the presence and action of God within. For further information: contact Mrs Ria Parlevliet on 9720 2359.
- Hindu Scripture Study: 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month at 11.00am. Hindu Scripture Study focuses on reading and reflecting on Hindu sacred texts. Information available from Sr. Corrie Vandenbosch 0425736747.
- Qur'an Prayer Group: 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month at 10am, led by Sr Corrie Vandenbosch. An invitation to read and reflect on the sacred texts of the Qur'an and an opportunity to experience the spiritual richness of this religious tradition.
- Scripture Study Programme: 2nd and 4th Thursday morning at 9.30am. Pope John Paul II said: By giving the Bible to men and women you are giving Christ himself. The Scripture Study Programme has been designed to help lay people grow in their knowledge and experience of scripture. The programme begins with a short period of prayer, a reading of the text followed by a period of reflection and sharing on what the text means in our daily lives. The programme will also help you to open your mind and your heart to God’s Word. This year we study the Gospel of St. John. All are welcome. Further information is available from Fr Thien Nguyen SVD (03 9762-6625)
- Meditation on Jesus: 2nd and 4th Friday of the month, led by Fr. Gilbert Carlos, SVD. For more information, please contact Fr. Gilbert Carlos on 0424 202 191.